Wednesday 15 October 2008

I had a phone call last week from my Dad saying alot of packages had arrived at home for me. So I made the trip home from Uni to collect them.



Please excuse the terrible photos. I'm using a camera I got given for free because none of the buttons work, flash is permanently stuck on and the focus hardly works.

The first one I opened was the Wolf Whistle demo 7", on Trouble Mind Records. This is Trouble Minds first release with their next one being the Rival Mob EP which is being split with Triple B Records, something to definitely keep an eye out for! The record was well packed and the shipping was super fast from America.

Its on black vinyl and is a pressing of 500. Being a massive Have Heart fan I had to have this, with Pat Flynn on vocals.


http://www.myspace.com/wolfwhistlema
http://www.myspace.com/troubledmindrecords

The next package I opened was the Paint it Black New Lexicon tour edition, on a very nice clear blue, the tour edition is out of 250 and I received number 132. I didn't get to see them on their tour with Trash Talk as all the shows were too far for me to travel. I really wanted a copy of the tour edition and thankfully Gertjan from Belgium was kind enough to pick me up a copy when Paint it Black played their after the tour had been through England.





Next is a record I already own, Horror Show - The Holiday on white. But the cover got bent because the seller packed it really shitty. It came in a normal 7' mailer with two pieces of cardboard either side, but the cardboard was about 2" by 2"! Anyway one of the corners got bent pretty bad.

Horror Show have to be one of my top 5 t harcore bands, and for me to make a top 5 list it would be near impossible.

I got lucky with this record, I think, the seller was selling two different colourways. The white version and the clear of which I had both already. The clear [/500] had a bid already on it at 99p with a few hours left and the white [/300] didn't. So I put a bid in on white version, as it was the rarest of the two, for £1.50 and ended up getting if for 99p. When 6-7months ago I paid $20 on American ebay for the same record. Horror Show seems to be more popular over there.

So now all I need is the light pink version out of 75 and my collection will be complete. I got outbid on a copy a few months ago on ebay, ended up going for $40/50 I think it was.

5 comments:

Youthcrewalex said...

cool! what was in the rest of the packages!!??
i have a few things heading my way!

Aaron said...

A few bridge 9 things, a couple of zines and a few other things

Youthcrewalex said...

coool!!!!

Joe said...

just ordered that wolf whistle 7" the demo is amazing

Aaron said...

Yeah its awesome, not many people seem to know about them at the moment.