Monday 27 October 2008

Get Outta Town

On Saturday I finally got some records that I have been waiting to put in my collection for along time now. I'm so stoked to have them in my hands now, its been worth the wait.

The story how I got these records..I ordered a copy of their Split EP with Haunted Life [with the last show cover] from Enemyink, that were leftover from their last show. A long story short the order didn't arrive, got sent back twice to Enemyink for some reason. I got into contact with Charles from Make or Break, also runs Get Outta Town Records. He said he would sort the problem out for me as he uses Enemyink for Get Outta Town Records merch/webstore. I ended up buying a bunch of Get Outta Town records from him, that he had laying around and wanted to get rid of to clear out.

Make or Break have to be one of my top 5 bands and the only band I insist on collecting all their tshirts and records.

For their last show they made 5 different colour covers for their split 7" with Haunted Life and there hand numbered out of 66. Ever since this show I've been waiting to get all 5 copies of this record.

Make or Break - Last Show 2 The Secret of Ooze



Orange cover - 10/66
Light blue cover - 19/66
Pink cover - 28/66
Dark blue cover - 31/66
Green cover - 50/66

Another record I got was The Geeks - Everytime We Fall LP on Green out of 250. I already have the test press for this which my brother got me for Christmas, so a step closer to completing my Geeks collection.



I also grabbed the Kill Your Idols box set, for $10 I couldn't say no. The box set includes five 7"s, a 6.5" x 6.5" two color screened poster, a pin, a patch and a sticker. Hopefully get a chance over the weekend to listen to the whole set.





Charles also threw in a demo 7" from one of his other bands, he played in, On The Outside. I haven't heard much of their stuff before but what I had heard I really liked and I didn't own any of their records until now. So super stoked to get this, its a pressing out of 250 on clear green.



www.getouttatownrecords.com
www.myspace.com/makeorbreakhc
www.myspace.com/thexgeeks
www.myspace.com/killyouridols

2 comments:

Keep This Safe said...

The geeks test press? I envy you

Lins87 said...

good looking KYI vinyl you got there.